Skip to main content

NEW ORLEANS! KAREN MARIE BOOK CON

My trip to New Orleans for out book con with Karen Marie Moning 

A few years back my mother and I saw a thing posted on another author that we love and we had found out that she was going to be in New Orleans for a Fever Festival. Let me tell you I had no clue who Karen Marie Moning was, I just wanted to go to her party to meet Darynda Jones 

I know... how did I not know who Karen Marie Moning was. It was maybe a year later when I picked up Karen's Fever series. I had just gotten the worst cliffhanger of all time by Sarah J. Maas and needed a fae series to fix the edge that I was on.   

So here came Karen...  

And let me tell you, I was so freaking mad. She was another author that had me on the edge and I could not find another fae series that could compare to these women. So, I had cried myself to sleep with frustration.  

Then it hit me! Moning was the same women that did her fae party. I went on a google serch and found out she was having another book con. I had to go! I sent a message to my mother and told her and we had a plan.
  
We were hustle and bustle of the event. If you had gotten your room at the hotel the even was at you got a swap bag and let me tell you the swap bag was amazing. 

It was a stressful process. When the information was provided to use for the event of the hotel at were having the event at and where we could get the rooms and there were only a limited amount of room and you had to get those rooms for the swap bag. It was a mess.
  
I had been stuck at work and been running to the bathroom to set up our stuff and then had to find out if my mother had set it up too or not. 

I hate stress... stress makes me cry.
  
I had wanted to be excited but I had felt overwhelmed with the whole process but leave it to my mother to get everything straight.  

She will be having another event but this one will be in Dublin and unfortunately my mother and I had already planned a trip out to go to Vegas with our Boos in January😉  

And that trip was going to run us around three thousand to four thousand. I would have loved to go. I wanted to do it as a surprise for my husband for his birthday because it is in March.  

It would have been a win/win for both of us. We got to go to a new country and I got to see one of my favorite authors again.  

12 month ago  
Day 1 of NOLA   

Thursday, right after work, I had driven to my mother's home first. It was a long 5 hours but with a good book again on audible I was set. At the time I was listening to Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton, so my whole ride there I was laughing.  

I was excited and needed to calm my nerves and the best way for me to do that was listen to something funny.  

Upon arrival it was late, I would say about eleven or twelve. My mother and I had stayed up and talked for a bit... of what I don't remember.  

The next morning, I transferred my suitcase to her car and we drove to our destination 
When we got closer to our destination... let just say that my mother and I are not allowed to be navigators. It was a very frustrating experience getting just to the hotel in the middle of NOLA 
Once Upon final arrive we got our bags and walked to the front door and got to enjoy a nice... sweaty... fine as wine... *Cough* sorry... Jogger as our first view.   

I woke up early every morning to see if the jogger would come back through. Unfortunately, he didn't. *Just kidding* I would never do that. I am happily married.  

Along our grand journey we went to the front desk, got out keys and met out hotel roommates.  

After introducing ourselves, we made plans to eat after the meet and greet then go corset bar hopping.  

When we arrived to the meet and greet! I didn't ever know how I would react to one of my favorite authors but let me tell you. I looked like a damn fool. We started to walk up the stairs to the conference room and then I saw her. I just knew it in the pit of my stomach. Darynda Damn Jones was standing by the door and I had gasped like a damn fool then turned around in shock.  

I felt stupid and getty inside. I wanted to laugh, cry, scream and piss myself all at once but somehow, I kept my cool... I smiled and walked right pass her and sat my butt down somewhere. 

Where I sat was not good. I was maar five feet from Darynda. Let just say I couldn't help myself. I walked over and asked for a picture.  


It wasn't my best moment.  
After our meet and greet, we left to go eat.  

In the mits of eating we also got to watch a woman place her bag down and he guy sweep in and take it. Don't worry we didn't just sit there like nothing happen. We did inform her that what she did was not smart in NOLA to do and that someone had taken her bag... okay, that was a lie, we didn't tell her that she wasn't smart.  

We enjoyed the rest of our meal with small chatter and drinks. We got to enjoy a wedding parade and was very upset that I didn't bring my camera.  

After eating we went back to the hotel and to get ready for our grand pub hopping adventure 
On our way back, we have a better photo shoot with Daranda. Let me tell you. I love that women. Its hard to view people in  



 Did I enjoy myself on our pub hopping ... yes and no... I enjoyed most of my adventure by talking about our book boyfriends. Who sat next to me Eric (Will get to him later) *fanning myself* as my mother was talking bad about him and had no clue is was right by us.



 She and I got to do a photo booth shoot to reenact photo booth shoot from 20 years ago.  




I am unsure what time we turned back to the hotel but we didn't stay long. You could stay we were old timers. But Saturday night was a different story. We didn't come back till almost three in the morning and that was to deposit my wonderful mother. I had gone back out with group of girls for pizza but I will tell more about that in a second.  

Before our grand bar home, we got to take picture with... Eric Etebari, some may know him in the movie series witchbladeWhich was one of my favorite shows, which I am still upset till this day that it got cancelled.  

My mother and I were not seeing eye to eye on Eric's looks. It just ment I had him all to myself... What am I talking about the only person I have to myself is my wonderful husband... Goodness, is it hot in here?  

Anyyyyways... we went pub hopping, had a few drinks, felt sexy in our corset. When we arrived back at the hotel we talked for a bit then went to bed.  


To Be Continued... Day 2 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Book Blog!

Why did I decided to start a book blog when there are so many blogs out there?                 Easy. I suck at writing. This blog isn’t for anyone else’s benefit but my own. I didn’t start reading until 2014. I ending up with a horrific stomach bug and a friend of my told me you must read…. Drum roll please…. 50 shade of gray .                 Everyone starts somewhere. Now, let me tell you. I did not read all of fifty. I did skim through a lot of the dirty parts; I don’t know why maybe it was too much for me sexually but I read it non-the less. So, after I finished that one I was stuck. I wanted the next one and then the next one. Then the god forbid feeling came into effect. I was having with draws, I needed something that could help me get over the feeling. I had never felt like that in my life. It drove me crazy. So, I w...