Why did I decided to start a book
blog when there are so many blogs out there?
Easy. I
suck at writing. This blog isn’t for anyone else’s benefit but my own. I didn’t
start reading until 2014. I ending up with a horrific stomach bug and a friend
of my told me you must read…. Drum roll please…. 50 shade of gray.
Everyone
starts somewhere.
Now, let me tell you. I did not
read all of fifty. I did skim through a lot of the dirty parts; I don’t know
why maybe it was too much for me sexually but I read it non-the less. So, after
I finished that one I was stuck. I wanted the next one and then the next one.
Then the god forbid feeling came
into effect. I was having with draws, I needed something that could help me get
over the feeling. I had never felt like that in my life. It drove me crazy.
So, I went on a book mission to
find a book to help me get over my book withdraws. I watched videos of people
giving reviews on books that would help you get over your book withdraws for
Christian Gray. Did I want to get over him? Well, no! Who wants to get over
Christian? Not me!
The journey began but then my
mother intervened. Did I like it… No, I wanted to read something that I knew I
would like, I didn’t want to read something my mother wanted me to read. I saw
her book cover.
Pause… My mother is not old but I
was so scared that she was going to throw me some type of book from the
medieval times. Mid lady…
…
…..
…
....
.....
That is not want I am looking for.
This is the reason why. I already have a horrible time ready. I didn’t want to
push my luck. I was getting somewhere with ready and I wanted to make sure I
didn’t stop it.
I hated reading! As I state I was
never good at reading, words were hard for me to understand. I saw a word and
then that word would turn into a different word. Reading had become my worst
enemy.
-Shiver-
I remember when I lived in Illinois,
we were getting ready to do a group ready and I would run out of the room like
a bat out of hell because I hated stumbling over my words and all the other
children looking at me as if I were a fool. I had wanted to run as far away as
I could from school.
I remember running out of my
classroom because they wanted me to read a comic from a new paper and I
panicked. I fled the room and down the hall to the nearest exit. I didn’t leave
the school but I was so close to it. I had run all the way to the stair.
I was a flight risk.
Somewhere around my senior year of
high school, I had changed. Do know when it happens but I wanted to be a
leader. I wanted to show my straights not my weaknesses. I could stand in crowds and talk and sing but
ask me to read something out loud, still was a no, no.
Somewhere along the lines I grow up
and I learned to adapt to the changes in my life.
So here I am challenging myself to
be a better writer. There will be thousands of mistakes and that is something,
you as the reader will have to just get over.
Also, I will be posting a chapter
from my book each week or blogging about a book that I have just read.
-Scared-
I hope that this becomes a judge
free environment and people will understand that this is to help me. Not to
make you happy.
Any rational human being will
understand that Dyslexia is a challenge.
To the people that have it.
We are different but different isn’t
a horrible thing. We as a group must challenge our self to be a better person.
Don’t let anyone judge you, because they may be struggling with something them
self and find an excuse to tease you and make fun of you.
We are amazing people! We have to
study three times harder to get to where we want to get but we will get there.
To the people that don’t have it.
… I don’t have much to say. Just read
and watch me grow.
Love ❤ ❤
Me!
Comments
Post a Comment